Raymond Yeung Tax Consultant * former IRD Assessor

飛鴻稅務顧問 * 前稅務局評稅主任楊輝洪

恆生銀行 Hang Seng Bank Account  385 599279 883

yeungfhr@yahoo.com.hk * Tel/WhatsApp 94735846  

會面可在角新世紀廣場 * 收費每小時$500



Married Person's Allowance

A married person may claim the allowance if his spouse does not have taxable salary income. Marriage means a lawful marriage.  

Full allowance is granted in the year of marriage. No apportionment of the allowance is required. Press here for the amount of allowances.

If  his spouse has assessable income, the taxpayer cannot get the allowance unless both spouses elect to have their income jointly assessed in a single tax bill.

Election for joint assessment must be signed by both the husband and wife, within one year after the end of the year of assessment. If either spouse gets  a Salaries Tax assessment after this time limit, then the time limit will be extended to 1 month after the assessment becoming final and conclusive (i.e. 2 months from the date of assessment in case of no objection).  

It is advisable for the couple to elect for joint assessment if either spouse has  low taxable income. This is because there may be unabsorbed personal allowance which can be transferred to the other spouse under joint assessment. If joint assessment is elected, the Revenue will compute whether the joint assessment will make them pay less tax in total and if yes, the Revenue will proceed to  do the joint assessment ; and if not,  the Revenue will not make the joint assessment, but will inform the couple of this by way of an assessor's note. 

Press here for more


報稅服務 收費詳情       稅務課程  收費詳情

楊輝洪為你提供 中英文翻譯及寫作服務


 飛鴻文選  書刊下載  法律常識  文件範本  見工英語  學好英文  成功智慧  聯絡網主

按此收聽 飛鴻自白(1)   飛鴻自白(2)    飛鴻自白(3)   飛鴻講稅務

按此下載  稅務知識  實用英語  生活哲學  認識稅局    HK Tax Tips

稅務教學         筆記下載        專題補習       稅務顧問服務