Raymond Yeung Tax Consultant * former IRD Assessor

飛鴻稅務顧問 * 前稅務局評稅主任楊輝洪

恆生銀行 Hang Seng Bank Account  385 599279 883

yeungfhr@yahoo.com.hk * Tel/WhatsApp 94735846  

會面可在角新世紀廣場 * 收費每小時$500



Salaries Tax - Child Allowance 


A taxpayer may claim child allowance if he maintains an unmarried child who is below 18, and if 18 to 25: a full time student, or if over 25: disabled for work.


Whether or not the child is a Hong Kong resident does not affect the eligibility of the allowance.


Full allowance is granted in the year of assessment in which the child is born. Press here for the amount of allowances.


No double claim of child allowance for a child. No sharing or splitting of child allowance among a couple unless the couple is living apart or divorced. If the couple has more than one eligible child, either spouse can make the claim for all the children and then the other spouse gets no child allowance at all. In general, it is advisable for the spouse with higher income to make the claim.


A claim for living-apart has to be proved by production of court order or separation deed. A married person living apart from his spouse temporarily is not accepted as living-apart for tax purpose.


According to Sectin 27 of IRO, the word "child" is defined as any child of a person chargeable to tax or of his or her spouse or former spouse whether or not born in wedlock and includes the adopted or step child of either or both of them. Besides, the word "adopted" is defined as: adopted in any manner recognized by the laws of Hong Kong.


Press here for more


報稅服務 收費詳情       稅務課程  收費詳情

楊輝洪為你提供 中英文翻譯及寫作服務


 飛鴻文選  書刊下載  法律常識  文件範本  見工英語  學好英文  成功智慧  聯絡網主

按此收聽 飛鴻自白(1)   飛鴻自白(2)    飛鴻自白(3)   飛鴻講稅務

按此下載  稅務知識  實用英語  生活哲學  認識稅局    HK Tax Tips

稅務教學         筆記下載        專題補習       稅務顧問服務