Raymond Yeung Tax Consultant * former IRD Assessor

飛鴻稅務顧問 * 前稅務局評稅主任楊輝洪

恆生銀行 Hang Seng Bank Account  385 599279 883

yeungfhr@yahoo.com.hk * Tel/WhatsApp 94735846  

會面可在角新世紀廣場 * 收費每小時$500


Salaries Tax - Dependent Brother or Sister Allowance

A person can get the allowance if he maintains his brother or sister who is single and under 18; or if over 18 and under 25: who is on full time study; or if at any age: who is disabled for work.

Whether or not the brother or sister is a Hong Kong resident does not affect the eligibility of the allowance.

No double allowance for maintaining the same child is allowed. In other words, if child allowance is granted to the child's parent, no Dependent Brother or Sister Allowance will be granted.

In addition, a person may claim Disabled Dependant Allowance in respect of his disabled brother or sister. The condition for the claim is that the brother or sister must be eligible to claim Disability Allowance from the Social Welfare Department.  

A taxpayer may claim the allowance in tax return. If he forgets to do so, he may claim it by an objection when he receives the assessment. Even if he misses the objection deadline, he can still claim it by a Section 70A claim (because it is an omission --- to claim the allowance).

Press here for the amount of allowances.  


報稅服務 收費詳情       稅務課程  收費詳情

楊輝洪為你提供 中英文翻譯及寫作服務


 飛鴻文選  書刊下載  法律常識  文件範本  見工英語  學好英文  成功智慧  聯絡網主

按此收聽 飛鴻自白(1)   飛鴻自白(2)    飛鴻自白(3)   飛鴻講稅務

按此下載  稅務知識  實用英語  生活哲學  認識稅局    HK Tax Tips

稅務教學         筆記下載        專題補習       稅務顧問服務