Raymond Yeung Tax Consultant * former IRD Assessor

飛鴻稅務顧問 * 前稅務局評稅主任楊輝洪

恆生銀行 Hang Seng Bank Account  385 599279 883

yeungfhr@yahoo.com.hk * Tel/WhatsApp 94735846  

會面可在角新世紀廣場 * 收費每小時$500


Profits Tax - Commercial building allowance 

A commercial building is a building other than an industrial building used in a trade, business or profession. 

Commercial building allowance (CBA) has been introduced since 1998/99 to replace rebuilding allowance (RA) for commercial building. 

CBA works like Industrial Building Allowance without initial allowance. The terminology under CBA follows that of IBA with similar definition or meaning. So, please read my tax guide on Industrial Building Allowance.  

Annual allowance (at 4% on cost of construction) is granted to a person who has a relevant interest in a commercial building or structure at the end of the basis period for the year of assessment. Part of a building can qualify --- it is not necessary for the whole building to be used for the trade. The meaning of “relevant interest” is similar to that for industrial buildings --- in short, a person will have a “relevant interest” in a commercial building when he incurs capital expenditure in it.    

Like IBA, CBA is based on the cost of construction.  From the cost of construction, CBA will be deducted and the balance carried forward is called “residue of expenditure”. In fact, the definition of “residue of expenditure” is similar to that under IBA. If the building is not put to use at the end of the basis period, no CBA will be granted --- instead, a notional allowance equal to 4% of the capital expenditure will be written off from the residue of expenditure. 

Press here for my tax guide on annual allowance


報稅服務 收費詳情       稅務課程  收費詳情

楊輝洪為你提供 中英文翻譯及寫作服務


 飛鴻文選  書刊下載  法律常識  文件範本  見工英語  學好英文  成功智慧  聯絡網主

按此收聽 飛鴻自白(1)   飛鴻自白(2)    飛鴻自白(3)   飛鴻講稅務

按此下載  稅務知識  實用英語  生活哲學  認識稅局    HK Tax Tips

稅務教學         筆記下載        專題補習       稅務顧問服務